This year to expand the sphere of excellence in Art and Science amalgamation, we are organizing a photography contest that will be one of the main exhibits of Lahore Science Mela 2019. So, the time has come for you to prove your mettle in this field of photography!
Rules and Regulations
- Each participant can submit 3 photographs relevant to each theme (i.e. maximum 9 photographs in total).
- Participants can only take part as individuals.
- All pictures should be taken from a digital camera (including mobile).
- Only basic editing, including color enhancement, exposure balance, and cropping of the photo(s) is acceptable.
- Advanced editing used to create illusion, deception and/or manipulation will result in disqualification.
- No water marks are allowed on the image.
- Initially, soft copy will be submitted via email or through online form; the shortlisted participants will be informed to submit their photographs on photographic paper (8 x 12 A4 size) along with title and caption before October 8, 2019 at our Ali Institute Office.
- Participants are to present their photos to the judges.
- The final decision will be undertaken by the judges on event day.
- Winners will be presented with shields and certificates.
Categories of Participation
There are four categories of participation:
- Open to all ages and professions
Note: School, college and university students have to show/submit copy of their Institution ID card on event day before presentation session.
Themes of Photography
The submitted photo(s) may fall in one of the following themes:
- Moon and the City (مہتاب اور نگری)
- Weird and Wonderful (دلچسپ و عجیب)
- People and Skills (ہنر اور ہنر مند)
Note: Any image that demonstrates communicates or explains a scientific, technological, engineering, or mathematical concept or phenomenon will have higher chances of getting shortlisted.
Last date for online submission: September 30, 2019
Rename your every image file in the following sequence before online submission i.e. your name, category, theme, submission number
Email your submission at (with your name, category, theme, submission number) at
Submit through the Google form:
For queries, contact:
Salman Mahmood Qazi